Best Ear Doctor Otologist in Delhi for Hearing Loss Treatment
With so many different specializations, titles, and credentials it becomes a struggle to determine which type of healthcare professional to sell for an ear problem. How do you know which is the best doctor to see for ear conditions? In this post, we’ll uncover everything you need to know about ear otology and when to seek an ear doctor.
Otology is a branch of medicine. It is concerned with the study of the ear and its conditions. It is related to otorhinolaryngology which is the specialty concerned with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of conditions of ear, nose, and throat. Otology is a specialty of medicine and surgery focused on the ear. A doctor who is an otologist is qualified to perform both general and surgical interventions.
What is otology?
Otology is the medical specialty or subspecialty that deals with conditions within the ear. Otology, in a broader sense, encompasses all aspects of ENT diseases. An otologist typically does not master both surgical and diagnostic aspects of ENT because they often take a rigorous postgraduate course in either one or even both areas.
If you’re interested to know more about the various specialties within general Otolaryngology, these are some options available to choose from: Laryngologist, rhinologist, surgeon/laryngectomee specialist (Laryngeal & Pulmonary Surgeon), head & neck reconstructive surgeon/microsurgeon(HNS) – this would be for craniofacial and maxillofacial surgeons.
You can read more about these ENT specialties on the “Adventis ENT Head Neck and Cochlear Implant of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery” website.
What is an ear doctor called?
The ear doctor called an Otologist. Otologists specialize in diagnosing and treating diseases, disorders, injuries, hearing loss, or facial nerve paralysis that affect any part of the ear from either outside or inside. Conditions that fall into this category include tympanic membrane perforation (TMP), Meniere’s disease, acoustic neuroma (vestibular schwannoma) imbalance disorder also known as Meniere’s syndrome, and more!
What conditions are treated?
Otologyist treat ear conditions like ear infections and hearing problems. Besides, it also covers balance disorders related to ear infections. Indeed, our ear is an important sensation that can affect a person’s balance and sensation of vertigo. Some of the common conditions covered are:
- Otitis: Otitis is a middle ear infection that occurs due to a virus or bacterial infection when the area behind the eardrum is inflamed.
- Tinnitus: Tinnitus when you experience ringing or sound in the ear which causes difficulty in hearing clearly.
- Meniere’s disease: Meniere’s disease is an inner ear infection that can cause vertigo, dizziness, or hearing loss. It is a severe ear condition.
- Barotrauma: It is caused due to injury by increased ear pressure due to water. It is mostly caused during scuba diving or airplane flights.
When to seek an otologist?
You need to consult an oncologist specialist if you experience any form of change in ear pain, hearing, or discomfort. Here are few reasons to see an ear otologist in Delhi:
- Changes in hearing
- Ear infection
- Pain in ear or redness
- Balance problem
- Middle ear infection
- Ear discharge
- Ear reconstruction surgery
- Hearing implant
- Other concerts like throat, sinus, head, and neck
If you need help with an otologist first look for the signs related to the ear. The otologist will examine the condition and help you get the best possible treatment.
Reasons to go see an ear doctor
Ears are one of the most vital organs in our body. They help us hear, balance, and communicate with other people. If you have an ear problem, it is important to see a doctor quickly so that they can diagnose your issue and offer treatment options.
- Hearing Loss: One common problem associated with ears is hearing loss which can be caused by anything from age-related deterioration to noise-induced trauma to genetic factors. An audiologist will conduct tests on your ears in order to determine whether there are any issues present that could result in permanent damage if not treated promptly enough.
- Ear Pain: If an ear is painful, it does not necessarily mean there is a punctured eardrum. Sometimes pressure or stress on your ear can result in pain which can be alleviated by taking certain medications. However, if the pain persists and you experience other symptoms such as vertigo or tinnitus, you may want to talk to an ear doctor about your symptoms.
- Antibiotic Drops: Those with chronic issues such as wax buildup or a ruptured eardrum may be prescribed antibiotic drops to reduce the risk of infection and speed up recovery time.
- Chronic Ear Infection: Those who have been suffering from recurring ear infections may have to visit an ear doctor for surgery that will repair the eardrum. The infection will not heal on its own and there is a risk of permanent loss of hearing if it is left untreated.
- Hearing Aid: If you have a chronic, age-related hearing loss or other ear issues that require surgery to treat, you may need to wear a hearing aid. These are small devices that fit inside the ear and help enhance your ability to hear sounds.
- Ear Surgery: If your ears are ruptured and the issues have not been treated in time, you may not be able to hear from that ear. It is best to see an ear doctor as soon as possible after experiencing this issue so that they can repair the eardrum and prevent more permanent damage.
- Ear Wax Removal: Chronic ear wax buildup can be painful, but it is rarely serious. However, if the infection spreads to the outer ear canal or middle ear cavity, you may need to see an ear specialist for removal of your eardrums. This way, your ears will not have to be opened later on in life because the wax will have been removed.
- Other Issues: Severe symptoms of ear infection, a ruptured eardrum, or other ear-related problems can be treated by an ear doctor. These include cancer of the ears and vertigo, among others. If you experience any of these symptoms, visit an ear doctor to get proper treatment.
Best Otology Doctor in Delhi Adventis ENT and Cochlear Implant Clinic is the best center for ear otology. You can consult the best ear doctor in Delhi. The clinic is located in Greater Kailash, South Delhi. The clinic offers complete screening, management, and treatment for conditions related to the ear including head, neck, nose, and throat. They have a team of qualified Otlogist, Ontornalsyit, Neurologists, and Audiologists. Adventis Clinic specialist in treating disorders of hearing implant, ear surgery, head and skull surgery, and ear reconstruction.