What is a hazardous material? How can it affect?
In industries or during the work, most of the workers deal with hazardous material and chemical. Every industry uses different types of substance according to their work type and requirement. For example, the paper industry uses a different substance, and fabric industry uses others. In most of the industries, employees deal with concentrated substance. Any direct interaction with these liquids can cause pain and reaction with the skin. It can also burn the skins and damage the bones.
Some industries also use radioactive substances to create their products. This makes it more complex and can cause trouble. The waste of these products is also a big problem. As you know, radioactive wastes can’t also drain easily. Before draining, these wastes need to be properly cleaned and require proper time and process. This process is time taken and also needs money. Even if you touch or interact with wastes, it can also cause skin damage and other problems.
Some workplaces that highly deal with hazardous material are farms, factories, laboratories, and industries.
What is a hazardous material?
According to a report of health and safety executive, the hazardous material is the material which is hazardous to the health of people. It can also damage their health and can also cause personal injuries.
- Carbon monoxide – According to research, we are able to know that carbon monoxide is highly dangerous, and exposure to this chemical can be life-threatening. Employee or victim of this substance can suffer from various types of damages.
- Toxic torts – This is a wide range of toxic environmental substance. Sometimes, their exposure to public places can cause a problem for various people at once.
- Food poisoning – Food poisoning is one of the most common problems in people of all ages. Exposure to hazardous substances can also cause intense food poisoning. The victim of the substance can claim compensation for food poisoning against the liable party.
- Passive smoking –Second hand or passive smoking causes more than 165000 new cancer cases every year only in the UK. If you have experienced passive smoking during the workplace, and due to this, you suffer from the disease, you can claim compensation.
- Contaminated soil – As described above, dispose of hazardous materials are quite difficult. Due to the nature of substance, this chemical should be disposed of in a safe environment. Furthermore, the companies should dispose this away from public places. Even if the company dispose of their waste with correct guidance and the soil is contaminated. You can claim compensation for the contaminated soil.
According to a survey, in 2015, more than 380 cases were reported of Legionnaires disease. This disease usually occurs due to drinking infected water or inhaling air which is full of legionella pneumonia. This disease also occurs due to illegal dispose of radioactive or hazardous materials. This can cause many other diseases and infections. Thousands of employees suffer from Legionnaires disease due to illegal and improper disposal of hazardous wastes. This disease might include Lung cancer, eye infection, throat infection and another similar disease.
What to do after experiencing a disease?
After getting infected due to hazardous wastes or interaction with this substance, you should immediately call the police. You can also say that you will need intensive care protection. You might also become an infection and will need a separate cell to cure properly. The police will cease the area and will find the culprit who didn’t dispose of the wastes correctly. Interaction with this substance can cause skin cancer, bone cancer, and lung cancer. Many other severe diseases can occur due to this interaction.
In the treatment, the doctor will make a complete report on your r treatment procedure and will make it quick to save the life of the victim. The report will judge that how much time you will need to cure properly, and what type of damage you might face in the upcoming days.
After getting treatment or during the treatment procedure, you can seek the assistance of personal injury solicitor to claim compensation against the liable party. This will help you to lift up your financial power so that you can easily treat your disease.
Personal injury solicitor Burnley will closely monitor the situation and will find the evidence. If the liable party accepts their mistake, then the case will be settled in 2 to three weeks. If they don’t, then the personal injury solicitor will send them legal notice through solicitor’s court. This process is time take and might take up to one year. But in the end, the victim will get compensation according to his suffering and damage.