Liver Transplant Evaluation Criteria
If you have been diagnosed with any kind of chronic liver disease and have been told that you may need a liver transplant by your doctor, there are a few things that you must keep in mind. It is very important to go through the transplant evaluation process before you being to nod for a liver transplant at the liver transplant hospital in India. The evaluation process of liver transplant gives you the opportunity to learn more about the procedure. The following include the importance of going through liver transplant evaluation:
- It helps to confirm your diagnosis and determine the extent of liver injury or disease that you have been suffering from.
- It helps to assess other medical as well as psychological problems which affect your health.
- Proper evaluation at a liver transplant hospital provide you all kinds of information about the risks as well as benefits of transplantation.
- As a result of the evaluation, you can review all your financial benefits and discuss all kinds of financial considerations which are associated with the transplant.
- You must be suffering from a chronic irreversible liver disease which has not responded to other medical as well as surgical treatments.
- You must get qualified for and must be able to tolerate major surgery.
- You as well as your family members must understand the benefits and risks involved in the transplantation including the long-term need as well as the program of follow up and certain therapies involved herein.
- You must be able to accept the responsibility that has been involved in the long-term care which is needed after your transplant surgery. This also includes financial responsibilities.
- Patients suffering from certain kinds and stages of liver cancer are considered to be eligible for a liver transplant on a case-by-case basis.
- Patients suffering from acute fulminant hepatic failure shall be considered for transplantation if it has been determined that their recovery without a liver transplant is impossible.